Wednesday’s latest stories from the world of football in ESPN FC’s What’s Trending…
ARSENAL: Arsene Wenger has ended speculation over his future as Arsenal manager by signing a new two-year contract at the club.
– Santi Cazorla hopes to return to action in five months after undergoing another operation this week — his eighth since suffering a right ankle injury in October.
– Bayern Munich midfielder Arturo Vidal is not giving up in his efforts to lure Chile teammate Alexis Sanchez to join the Bundesliga champions.
MAN UNITED: The club are confident David De Gea will stay this summer after having been given no indication from the player that he wants to leave, sources have told ESPN FC.
– Zlatan Ibrahimovic wants to stay at United, his agent Mino Raiola has told talkSPORT.
– United have moved clear of Real Madrid as the most valuable football club in Europe, a report by auditors KPMG has found.
ATLETICO MADRID: Antoine Griezmann has not told Atletico Madrid’s directors that he wants to leave, a source has told ESPN FC.
– Sergio Ramos has said he would be happy to see Griezmann as it would be “one less problem” for Real Madrid next season.
ENGLAND: Gareth Southgate says Jose Mourinho had no influence on the decision to pull Marcus Rashford from the European Under-21 Championship, and is ready to deal with “collisions” between club and country.
PSG: Paris Saint-Germain are closing in on Borussia Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and will also move for Nice midfielder Jean Michael Seri, a source close to the Ligue 1 club has told ESPN FC.
LIVERPOOL: Jurgen Klopp is ready to rival Manchester City for Benjamin Mendy, although Pep Guardiola’s side remain favourites to land the Monaco defender, sources close to the player have told ESPN FC.
– Liverpool have confirmed Chelsea youngster Dominic Solanke will join the club.
LEICESTER: Riyad Mahrez has submitted a transfer request, saying he believes the time is right for him to move on.
MAN CITY: The club are determined to make history under Pep Guardiola and win an unprecedented Quadruple, chairman Khaldoon Al-Mubarak has said.
REAL MADRID: Cristiano Ronaldo says he is confident that Real Madrid will win Saturday’s Champions League final against Juventus.
– Toni Kroos has suggested his team’s tactics for Saturday’s Champions League final against Juventus will be determined by whether Isco or Gareth Bale starts.
MONACO: Kylian Mbappe has played down his desire to play for Zinedine Zidane at Real Madrid, but cautioned that he’s “not afraid to leave” Monaco.
ITALY: Coach Giampiero Ventura has called Manchester United’s decision to delay releasing Matteo Darmian for international duty “bizarre.”
NEWCASTLE: Rafa Benitez has indicated that he is interested in signing Napoli goalkeeper Pepe Reina, with whom he worked both at Liverpool and in Naples, in the summer.
BORUSSIA DORTMUND: Thomas Tuchel has confirmed he will leave Borussia Dortmund after two years in charge, and only days after bringing the club their first trophy in five years.
WOLFSBURG: United States defender John Brooks is set to leave Hertha Berlin and join Wolfsburg for at least €17 million ($18.9m) — the highest fee ever paid for a U.S. international — according to multiple reports in Germany.
UNITED STATES: Bobby Wood says he is thrilled to be “back with the boys” in a U.S. training camp.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.