Tuesday’s latest stories from the world of football in ESPN FC’s What’s Trending …
PSG: Unai Emery has suggested that Kylian Mbappe could be dropped for Paris Saint-Germain’s Champions League Group B clash with Anderlecht on Tuesday after experiencing a recent dip in form.
– La Liga president Javier Tebas has accused Paris Saint-Germain of “cheating economically” and urged UEFA to expel them from the Champions League if they are found to have infringed financial fair play (FFP) rules.
MAN UNITED: Jose Mourinho has been likened to boxer Floyd Mayweather by Gary Neville because they both “use defence as a weapon.”
– Jose Mourinho has told Manchester United fans that while they are free to express their disappointment with certain players, Romelu Lukaku should be “untouchable.”
– WATCH: Should Mourinho rest players vs. Benfica?
– TRANSFER TALK: Luke Shaw, Mauricio Pochettino to reunite at Tottenham Hotspur
TOTTENHAM: Harry Kane trained outdoors with the Tottenham squad on Tuesday ahead of Wednesday’s Champions League clash with Real Madrid.
REAL MADRID: Raphael Varane has joined Gareth Bale and Keylor Navas on the injured list for Wednesday’s Champions League fixture against Tottenham, but Isco has been named in the travelling squad despite missing training on Monday.
– What is wrong with Real Madrid? Dermot Corrigan looks at the reasons behind their poor form.
– WATCH: Sid Lowe not ready to call La Liga title race yet
ARSENAL: Arsenal and Chelsea are tracking RB Leipzig goalkeeper Peter Gulacsi, sources close to the Bundesliga club have told ESPN FC.
– Olivier Giroud has revealed his award-winning “scorpion kick” goal was inspired by dance classes he took while a student.
PREMIER LEAGUE: Carlo Ancelotti has suggested he could consider coming back to the Premier League, but brushed off rumours linking him with a return to Chelsea.
– Sean Dyche celebrated his fifth anniversary as Burnley manager with a 1-0 victory over Newcastle that moved them up to seventh.
BAYERN MUNICH: Jupp Heynckes says playing injured striker Robert Lewandowski against Celtic in the Champions League on Tuesday would be “pointless.”
– Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers says Bayern have the strength in depth to cope without injured forwards Thomas Muller and Robert Lewandowski.
– WATCH: Arjen Robben: Celtic are a ‘new and different’ test for Bayern
CHELSEA: Alvaro Morata insisted he is happy with life in London and claimed he would sign a 10-year contract at Chelsea if given the chance.
– Antonio Conte said he will speak to N’Golo Kante before deciding whether to include him in Chelsea’s team to face Roma in the Champions League on Tuesday.
– Chelsea’s success only adds to Italy’s desire for Antonio Conte to return, writes James Horncastle.
LIVERPOOL: Daniel Sturridge has said he wants manager Jurgen Klopp to give him more game time but accepts he has to deliver when the opportunity arises.
– Liverpool’s slow start has forced Jurgen Klopp to prioritise results over the development of youth, writes Steven Kelly.
AC MILAN: Is winning the Europa League AC Milan’s best chance of securing Champions League football? Gab Marcotti has his say.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.