The transfer window is heating up! Transfer Talk brings you live updates on all the latest rumours and done deals. Check out all the confirmed January moves so far on our transfers page.
TOP STORY: “Chicharito” back to Man United?
After Thursday’s bombshell rumour that Manchester United could be ready to beat crosstown rivals City to Alexis Sanchez, come reports that Jose Mourinho’s team are also weighing a move to bring Javier Hernandez back to Old Trafford and also have interest in Leicester’s Jamie Vardy and Borussia Dortmund’s Christian Pulisic.
The Telegraph says Mourinho wants more competition for places in attack with Romelu Lukaku scoring only five times in his last 21 matches and Zlatan Ibrahimovic continuing to struggle for fitness.
It’s thought Vardy would cost around £35 million, while former United striker Hernandez — who TalkSport claims is a target for MLS expansion outfit LAFC — is available for the £17m fee West Ham paid to sign him in the summer.
The Independent adds that United are keeping a close eye on Christian Pulisic and will move for the Dortmund winger if Liverpool try to sign him at the end of the season. Henrikh Mkhitaryan, who must be feeling pretty unwanted by now, could once again be used as a makeweight as was suggested in a United swoop for Sanchez.
Ancelotti to replace Wenger, Conte out at Chelsea
Moving away from speculation surrounding player transfers for a moment, Italian outlet Corriere dello Sport claims Carlo Ancelotti has been lined up to replace Arsene Wenger at the end of the season.
The former AC Milan, Chelsea, PSG, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich coach has reportedly agreed a four-year contract with Arsenal worth €40m.
And Antonio Conte has also been tipped to leave his post next summer, with the Daily Mail writing that Juventus boss Max Allegri and former Barcelona coach Luis Enrique are both in the frame to take over at Chelsea.
Conte has endured a strained relationship with the Blues board this season, owing to a disagreement over the club’s transfer policy back in the summer.
– Liverpool have opened negotiations with Riyad Mahrez as they look to replace Philippe Coutinho this month, claims the Daily Express. Arsenal are also interested in the Algeria international, who is keen to leave Leicester.
– According to the Liverpool Echo, the Reds are prepared to sell Daniel Sturridge as the striker seeks regular first-team football to boost his World Cup hopes. The only issue is the 28-year-old’s £30m price tag, which has put off potential Premier League suitors.
– Everton will offer £20 million for Theo Walcott as the winger ponders life after Arsenal, reports the Telegraph. Walcott has failed to hold down a regular place this season and was left on the bench for Wednesday’s League Cup semifinal at Chelsea.
– A host of Premier League clubs are eyeing Norwich playmaker James Maddison following his impressive performances in the Championship. According to the Mirror, Liverpool lead the race for the 21-year-old’s signature, with Tottenham and Southampton also expressing an interest.
– New Nottingham Forest manager Aitor Karanka wants to bring Chelsea youngster Charly Musonda on loan to the City Ground for the rest of the season, reports the Telegraph. The 21-year-old has been part of the Blues’ first-team squad this season, but has made only two sub appearances in the Premier League.